What would you change about your school system if you could? What would you keep or potentially enhance? Now is your chance to have your voice heard!
Students across the Las Vegas Valley are invited to participate in the “I Stand With Kids Student Video Contest” to share your opinions and big and brilliant ideas.
Film a short video answering the following questions. Your video should not exceed 2 minutes. There is no minimum length requirement. We encourage creativity and different ways of answering the question – skits, news stories, pictures and photos. Use your imagination – we can’t wait to see what you do!
Essay prompts for all students:
- Tell us about yourself.
- Who are you? What are you passionate about? What are your hopes and dreams for the future? Be sure to include your name, grade, and which school you go to.
- For Grades 3-5, answer one of the following prompts:
- If you were governor for a day, what would you do to change/impact your school?
- If you could create one law for schools, what would it be and why?
- For Grades 6-12, answer the following prompt:
- What would your ideal school system look like? How would it operate?
1st Place Prize – $500 Visa gift card
2nd Place Prize – $250 Visa gift card
3rd Place $100 Visa gift card
(There will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes for each grade range; 3rd-5th, 6th-8th, and 9th-12th)
DEADLINE EXTENDED! Submissions will be accepted Saturday, April 1 – Sunday, May 7, 2023.
For students that need support or access to filming equipment, a filming open house will be held on Wednesday, April 19, 2023 from 3 to 7 p.m. at the Opportunity 180 offices located at 732 S 6th St. Suite 200D, Las Vegas, NV 89101. We’ll have some special guests there, as well, so feel free to join the fun!
To reserve a spot for the open house please email email@example.com.
ALL participants will be invited to attend a reception in May where we’ll announce the winners – stay tuned for more information!
To enter the contest you must agree to these official rules. Video submissions that do NOT abide by these rules will be disqualified and not considered for the contest.
- Must be submitted in one of the following video formats: MOV, MPEG4, AVI, WMV or YouTube Shorts.
- The final video must not exceed 2 minutes including opening and ending credits and not exceed 100MB (shorter versions of the winning videos may be requested).
- The video must be appropriate for all ages.
- Videos can be submitted in your preferred language. Translations may be requested and subtitles may be added post-production.
- ALL participants (or a parent of participants under the age of 18) must submit a signed copy of the Video Contest Release Form. Additionally, ALL individuals who appear (visual or audio) in the video must sign an Image and Voice Release Form. These forms should be scanned and uploaded during the submission process.
Also, make sure you…
- DO get your parent’s permission if you are under the age of 18. Every contestant under the age of 18 will need permission from a parent or legal guardian before shooting a video and entering the contest. The submission forms are below and must be submitted with your video.
- DO write it down! Filming will go a bit smoother if you first write your thoughts down and read through them a couple of times BUT there is no need to memorize! We want you to feel comfortable and speak from the heart.
- DO film in a quiet location if possible.
- DO ask for help! Feel free to ask a parent, family member, or friend for help with recording your video.
- DO shoot with the phone in landscape mode (horizontal). Many computers also have cameras if you find it easier to use something other than a phone.
- DO make sure your video is suitable for public presentation. Basically, if you wouldn’t want your parents or teachers to see it, it’s not a video you should submit!
- DON’T show any brands or logos, famous landmarks, buildings, books, works of art, etc. That means no visible/recognizable use anywhere in the video of brands on clothes, sneakers, in the background, or other things which may be subject to third-party intellectual property rights, such as (for example) famous landmarks, buildings, or works of art (including movie posters).
- DON’T be rude or use profanity. Avoid bad language, rude gestures, and other inappropriate actions. Videos MUST NOT include nudity, obscenity, offensive language, depictions of drugs, alcohol, tobacco products, or any harmful or illegal activity; material that is fraudulent, deceptive, racially offensive, sexually explicit, threatening, hateful, or harassing.
A committee will review videos and select winners based on the following:
- Thoughtful: Does the response address the “why” behind the ideas?
- Clarity: Is the response easy to understand? Does it directly address the questions?
- Meets criteria: Does it follow the submission rules?
- Age-appropriate: Can it be shared with and understood by all ages?
For any questions regarding this contest or for assistance with submitting your video, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Formulario de Consentimiento y Liberación del Concurso de Video